Posting Date 09/13/2022, 05:20 PM
Certified Medical Assistant
- 2508 University Drive, Thomson, GA 30824
- 315 Fluker Street, Thomson, GA 30824
- 123 North Washington St, Lincolnton, GA 30817
Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Hours of Schedule
7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Thursday
7:00 am – 1:00 pm, Friday
Certified Medical Assistant Job Description:
- Accurately interview patient, record patient history, measure and record vital signs.
- Verify and update patient information, health history, preventative health maintenance, and reconcile medications in the EMR systems.
- Perform duties such as greeting and assisting patients in a courteous and professional manner, answer telephone and provide information as necessary.
- Perform Point of Care (POC) testing such as: urine dip, pregnancy tests, finger stick blood glucose levels, fecal occult blood tests, rapid influenza tests, rapid strep tests, and A1C tests.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens.
- Perform clinical duties as assigned including, but not limited to: preparing patients for examinations and/or treatments, assisting provider with exams or procedures, setting up exam or procedure rooms, preparing instruments for sterilization, clean and sterilize rooms after each patient. Also perform other diagnostic tests including electrocardiograms, Holter Monitors, Sleep Studies, and Continuous Glucose Monitors
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and obtaining consents.
- Assist with Virtual Patient visits as needed by the physician.
- Complete Prior Authorizations for medications and diagnostic testing as ordered by the provider.
- Assist with phone communications with patients. Effectively and accurately communicate medical information from Physician to patients.
- Handle correspondence for patients and providers.
- Ability to multitask in a busy work environment.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Paid Holidays and PTO time
- 8-9 hour shift Monday through Thursday and 5-6 hour shift on Fridays
- No weekends and off by 1 pm on Fridays
- Medical and Dental insurance plan
- Retirement plan with Company match
- Generous Scrub/Uniform allowance
- Annual Bonus based on company goals
Completion of a medical assistant program or 1 year experience in a clinical capacity. High School diploma or equivalent. Computer literate; skilled in use of Microsoft outlook, electronic health records and other software programs. BLS Certification.